| Image taken from The Mortal Instruments website. |
So moving on, I started reading the first book about two weeks ago (City of Bones) on my way to and from work. At first I just read a few pages since it usually only takes me 20 to 30 minutes to go to and from work. One night last week, I couldn't sleep and found myself finishing the first book. I immediately moved on to read the second book (City of Ashes). I just found myself reading it in between work, school, and before going to sleep. Then came Friday; I wasn't able to go to work due to the typhoon. I finished the third book (City of Glass) and moved on to the fourth (City of Fallen Angels). By Saturday (that's two days ago) I'm done with all of them.
All I can say is, I feel so heartbroken! I can't begin to describe how painful it is to read the City of Fallen Angels. Yes, it's painful. That's why it took me two days before I went online to search for news regarding the other books. And I can say I feel more broken now that I had two days ago. Because the fifth book won't be out until next year (2012)! And the sixth book won't be out for another year after the release of the fifth (2013). Seriously??? How am I supposed to live with that?
This painful feeling just reminded me why I wasn't fond of reading YA books in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment