21 June 2011

Graduate School, Here I Come!

Up until a week ago, I feel that I'm ready to go back to school as a graduate student. Hmm... Graduate student, I like the sound of that. It's been a nostalgic and exciting experience to be going back to school and undergoing the enrollment processes and all. I really can't begin to describe how amazing that felt.

So first day of school. I didn't know what to expect. I had no idea how it would be like to be in graduate school. It went fine, as far as I'm concerned. The usual getting to know the classmates and professor. I say a little bit something about myself and the others will do the same. So it's pretty much a conventional first day.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, prepared me for the second day of class. Well it's a different subject and a new professor. Only for me, the professor is not someone new. I've known this prof way back when I was still an undergraduate student, although I was never under his wing but I did know him. I've heard all sorts of things about him. Though, I'm not one to believe gossips and I don't really care about those at all. And in all fairness to him, I've always thought that he is one guy whose intelligence goes way beyond the ceilings or probably beyond the four floors of the grad school building. But the thing is, he knows. He's a genius badass and he knows it.

He's one of those who isn't afraid to say what he wants and thinks whenever, wherever. He mostly say different things about school, physics, and mostly about life in general.

On our first meeting with him he asked us why do we want to pursue a career in medical physics. Sure I can make up some reason why. I actually can think of a lot of reasons. But seriously now, why? For the life of me I still haven't made up my mind as for the exact personal reason why I am doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment