27 June 2011

On Discovering More than 300 New Species in Luzon

As a writer, there are a number of Websites that I have bookmarked and go to when I need new materials and sources for writing. I was browsing the science news on Science Daily when I saw this headline "More Than 300 New Species Discovered in the Philippines." I had to read twice to make sure that it was an international news. There was an overwhelming and satisfying feeling that came upon me while I read the article. It's not every day that scientific reports are made about the Philippines. Being a Filipino and a science major, I can say that I have an idea how significant this news is.

The Philippines is a beautiful country. I used to think that it is a paradise. If only we could look past the negativity and misshapen values, it is a beautiful place to live in.

Here are some of the newly discovered species.
Colorful seapen that emerges only at night
(Photo credit: Gary Williams, California Academy of Sciences)

New species of barnacle (Photo credit: Terry Gosliner,
California Academy of Sciences)

Read the article on
Science Daily
San Francisco Chronicle

No comments:

Post a Comment