29 July 2011

Melanie and All-Star Neil - Contemporary

Melanie Moore and All-Star Neil Haskell (season 3) danced a contemporary routine choreographed by Mandy Moore. Music: Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler.



What Can I Say?
Wow! Mandy Moore is fast becoming one of my favorite contemporary choreographers on SYTYCD. She's been doing some great choreographies lately. I've forgotten how good Neil is. He's very strong and reliable. Melanie is like a different person when she's dancing. There are no traces of the playful and somewhat impish girl. I really love Melanie. However, I feel that I'm getting a little tired of seeing her do almost the same things every week. She's done contemporary a lot of times already. I don't think she's being challenged much and she isn't given the chance to show what else she can offer.

I just have to give a shoutout to that fearless jump she made. Really awesome!


The So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 top 8 performances originally aired on July 27, 2011. Judges were Lady Gaga, Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, and Rob Marshall.

No comments:

Post a Comment